The MRI RF Coil and Electronics Technician fulfills the test and measurement needs of MIS’ MRI RF coil repair program, involving board-module and system-level performance verification.
The technician will be responsible for independently conducting measurements, debugging and re-working hardware at the board, module and system level. Test setups may need to be developed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of practical lab experience with RF testing/measurement techniques and hardware
- A comprehensive technical knowledge to solve and repair complex coil problems
- Proven working knowledge of RF electronics and systems with applicable testing and measurement techniques
- Familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits
- Knowledge of digital electronics, RF communication, RF coil repair
- Ability to work with test equipment such as network analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic probes, etc.
- Judgment in determining work sequence, selecting tools and testing instruments
- Ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, manuals, handbooks and technical specifications
- Proficient in schematic & PCB layout interpretation
- Ability to competently rework Surface Mount Technology (SMT) components
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with Spectrum Analyzers, Vector Signal Generators and Vector Signal Analyzers
- Ability to work with or without schematics
- Excellent soldering skills
- Ability to write and present results
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently
- Willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact professionally and courteously with management and other personnel
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, email and in person with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Requires ability to handle difficult customers, good judgment on tough decisions and ability to resolve complex situations
- Live or relocate to a reasonable commuting distance to downtown Woodstock, GA area
- Valid Driver’s License
- Maintains ability to bend, climb and lift loads in excess of fifty (50) pounds
- May be required to push, carry & pack equipment for all procedures according to manufacturers’ guidelines
Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and drug testing. Company provides full range of competitive benefit package and relocation assistance.
Company provides full range of competitive benefit package and relocation assistance.