The Electronics Repair Technician provides corrective maintenance on all electronic equipment, as well as technical assistance and field support to Customer Support Engineers and other personnel in the organization.
The Electronics Repair Technician will also assist with the sourcing of parts and engineering of service parts pertaining to the electronics department.
Must be able to repair complex electronics to the component level. MRI RF coil repair is a plus.
- Able to analyze analog and digital circuits
- Able to troubleshoot and repair to component level on all supported products
- Works on designing test workbenches for MRI/CT parts
- Able to work with software to analyze circuits and develop test boxes
- Understands the theory and operation of all supported products
- Utilizes proper test equipment to perform job tasks and observe proper safety procedures
- Makes recommendations and changes relating to procedural/operational procedures
- Organizes and maintains assigned tools, test equipment and work areas
- Performs on-site technical assistance as required
- Completes special projects in a timely manner when assigned
- Writes and maintains test procedures for repairable items
- Interfaces with co-workers, other management, and other department heads on issues that concern or affect them
- Perform additional duties as requested
- Associate’s degree or higher in Electronics or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Capable of operating on test equipment such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, multimeters, etc.
- Familiar with programming languages such as C and MATLAB
- Familiar with Arduino and Raspberry Pi modules or microcontrollers
- Knowledge and experience in the repair and maintenance of technical equipment
- Ability to re-engineer and source obsolete parts
- Familiar with machinery and materials related to equipment – knowledge of SolidWorks software is preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact professionally and courteously with management and other personnel
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, e-mail and in person with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility for all supported parts and equipment
- Ability to work independently to solve complex problems related to the repair of all supported equipment
- Maintains ability to bend, climb and lift loads in excess of fifty (50) pounds
- Considerable sitting, driving and lifting
- May be required to push, carry and pack equipment for all procedures according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Starting and ending times of workdays will vary according to scheduling repair needs
Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and drug testing. Company provides full range of competitive benefit package and relocation assistance.
Company provides full range of competitive benefit package and relocation assistance.