Summary and Responsibilities
Troubleshooting software and hardware issues in diagnostic medical imaging systems (MRI, CT, PET, and SPECT)
- Identifying the system components causing image quality issues, artifacts, and inappropriate functioning of the scanner
- Coming up with relevant solutions that are cost-effective and efficient to stop the reoccurrence of the issue
- Performing quality checks needed to meet ACR requirements for diagnostic image quality of patients
- Replacing the required components in the system, calibrating and fine- tuning the system to optimize the performance
- Ensuring the parts replaced are in compliance with FDA regulations for radiology
- Point of contact with the Medical staff and Radiology managers, providing technical information and regular updates about the systems
- Setting up MRI/CT systems, configuring networks and network nodes, updating IPs, performing reference measurements, evaluating system performance by phantom scans
- Debugging and analytical troubleshooting of operating software, application software troubleshooting and image reconstruction software troubleshooting in MS windows (C programming) and Linux
- Leading MRI/CT installation projects in multiple Hospitals, ER and diagnostic centers
- Providing Hospital management and vendors with required systems layouts and FDA/ACR preconditions for Imaging system installations
- Providing 24/7 remote Tech support to the system Technologists and colleagues in a time constraint environment to effectively reduce the system downtime
- Collaborating with Hospital IT team for IP address changes and configuring new networks
- Setting up and Testing MRI pulse sequence protocols according to the Radiologist and Technologist requirements
- Documenting all service events, performance tests, and corrective maintenance according to Company policy, using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software, Sales Logix
- Responsible for ordering repair parts, timely return of parts and submission of applicable order- related documentation
- Using root cause analysis principles for identifying common issues in medical systems and providing efficient solutions
- Working on-call basis, providing the Emergency department Medical systems efficient service round the clock to reduce the system down time.
- Performing planned maintenance (PMs) according to the OEM specifications and standards
- Helping in the on-boarding process by familiarizing with the existing medical imaging systems and contracts
- Collaborating with the R & D and Product development team in designing the projects to improve the existing systems in compliance with FDA standards.
- (Design software: SolidWorks, CAD)
- Helping the remote analysis team by writing programming codes, extracting the critical parameters for monitoring the system and preventing potential problems (MATLAB and C)
- Analyzing the current status of the system and recommending the Radiology Managers with system modifications and upgrades needed to improve on the current operation.
- Performing system and site inspections before getting contracts to evaluate the required repairs and needed.
- Analyzing the acquired system with respect to the company quality standards and financial requirements.
- Reporting and providing feedback to the Managers and Sales Managers regarding the valuation of the system.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Bio-medical Engineering or Bio-engineering